Reflective Sheeting for Crowd Control Barriers
Reflective sheeting – commonly used on traffic cones – is also an effective way to identify steel barricades.
- Reflective sheeting is most commonly placed on both ends of a barrier to easily define the barrier’s width
- Rolls of various widths (from 3″ to 12″) are available
- High-quality self-adhesive tape (from ReflexiteT and 3MT) is easy to apply
- Orange and white are most commonly-used tape colors; other colors available
- By identifying the barrier’s width, reflective sheeting reduces the risk of vehicles angling into a barrier
- Three different grades of sheeting available – engineer grade, high intensity, and diamond grade
What do you want to convey with your reflective sheeting?
This example shows a barricade with reflective sheeting placed on every upright to create horizontal “lines,” along with sheeting placed liberally at the top and bottom of the frame. You can also use sheeting:
- at the ends of the barricade to convey its width
- at the top and bottom to convey the barrier’s height
- in your own creative way