Galvanized Steel Crowd Control Barrier
The Blockader® interlocking steel barriers are ideal for crowd management and line delineation. Block off “no access” zones or use these barriers as a portable railing to establish line space. Secure your site or event with the Classic Blockader Steel Barrier.
Classic vs Standard Blockader
The primary difference in the Classic and Standard Blockader crowd control barriers are the wall thicknesses. The classic barrier has more steel and is heavier but more durable. It’s ideal for constant use.
TRADITIONAL BRIDGE BASE
- The most popular base style since steel barriers was invented
- Provides the best resistance to “push” by crowds at events such as parades
- Maximum stability on uneven surfaces
- Each individual barrier has one large base and one small base
- This allows all four points of the base to “dig in” and remain in constant contact with the ground
- Accommodates placement of barriers in both a straight line and at various angles
- Second most popular base style
- Ideal for use as portable pedestrian railing in situations where crowds will be walking parallel to barriers
- Used by New York City Department of Transportation to divert pedestrians around construction sites
- Rubber inserts provide additional friction and reduce sliding
- Features holes for semi-permanent anchoring
A True Interlocking Barrier
A more secure crowd control system
Interlocking steel barriers are designed to create a line of barriers, locking them together, so they cannot be easily broken down out of order. The Male hook of the barrier locks into place once inserted into the female hook.
Blockader Steel Barrier Advantages
MALE HOOKS INSERTED INTO AND WELDED TO THE FRAME AT BOTH ENDS.
Results in hooks which last much longer than single-welded hooks.
VERTICAL BARS (UPRIGHTS) INSERTED INTO FRAMES BEFORE WELDING.
Inserting before welding is a superior technique to spot welding (which results in easier breakage).
The best protection for steel, resulting in a longer lifespan for your barriers. Barriers that are merely painted will rust.
Much stronger than simple spot welding, saddle-cut welding results in superior strength and durability.
BOLT-ON REPLACEABLE BASES
Enables easy replacement – simply replace the base of the barrier and not the entire barrier itself.
16 GAUGE STEEL IN BOTH THE FRAMES AND THE BASES
Stronger Steel prevents deterioration and distortion, without adding excess weight to the barrier.
Ask us about popular barrier add-ons
ARCHES AND GATES
Laser-cut Signs – The most effective inventory control and identification tool. Laser-cut signs are permanent and welded to the uprights prior to galvanization. They cannot be removed without cutting out two uprights. Learn More