Blockader Steel Barriers For Crowd Control
$56.57 – $143.89
The blockader steel barrier is a quality barrier that has been manufactured since the early 1980’s. Our barriers are built with quality in mind. If you are looking to purchase barriers matching existing inventory, we recommend calling us.
*MINIMUM ORDER STARTS AT 10 BARRIERS*
*A Temporary Container Surcharge must be added to the proposal.
Prices will fluctuate weekly. Final surcharge will be determined on the date order is submitted. This surcharge is subject to change.
We are sorry for the increase but unfortunately due to the pandemic, this is beyond our control.*
*CALL FOR VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND SHIP RATES
|Dimensions||78 × 26.25 × 43 in|
3 Foot, 6.5 Foot, 8 Foot
Bridge Base, Flat Base
Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel
16 gauge, 18 gauge
Classic (16 gauge steel), Standard (18 gauge steel)
Galvanized Steel Crowd Control Barrier
The Blockader® interlocking crowd control barrier is ideal for crowd management and line delineation. Block off “no access” zones or use these barriers as a portable railing to establish line space. Secure your site or event with the Classic Blockader Steel Barrier.
The Classic vs Standard Crowd Control Barrier
The primary difference in the Classic and Standard Blockader crowd control barriers are the wall thicknesses. The Classic barrier has more steel and is heavier but more durable. The Classic barrier is ideal for constant use.
Crowd Control Barrier Base Options
There are several barrier base options available with the bridge base and flat base being the most popular by far.
TRADITIONAL BRIDGE BASE
- The most popular base style since steel barriers was invented
- Provides the best resistance to “push” by crowds at events such as parades
- Maximum stability on uneven surfaces
- Each individual barrier has one large base and one small base
- This allows all four points of the base to “dig in” and remain in constant contact with the ground
- Accommodates placement of barriers in both a straight line and at various angles
- Second most popular base style
- Ideal for use as portable pedestrian railing in situations where crowds will be walking parallel to barriers
- Used by New York City Department of Transportation to divert pedestrians around construction sites
- Rubber inserts provide additional friction and reduce sliding
- Features holes for semi-permanent anchoring
- A new design similar to the traditional bridge base
- Provides excellent four-point stability
- Originally utilized by France’s Interior Department
- Rubber stoppers help protect the floor during indoor use and reduce sliding
- Makes barriers easier to move
- Ideal for areas where constant lifting or moving occurs (such as parking lots)
- Available for use as an alternative to a base on the female end of a barrier
- Standard on the female end of 1-meter barriers
- Allow barriers to be placed at angles (particularly when flat bases are utilized
Looking for replacement bases for your barriers?
Blockader bases have been the industry standard for 25 years. The base styles described above are in-stock and will result in a proper fit for almost all existing styles of barriers.
However, there are some discontinued frame variations which may not accommodate the standard base styles. In most cases, we can deliver a workable replacement base to you. If you have any questions about obtaining bases for so-called “orphan” barriers, contact us.
A True Interlocking Crowd Control Barrier
A more secure crowd control system
Interlocking steel barriers are designed to create a line of barriers, locking them together, so they cannot be easily broken down out of order. The Male hook of the barrier locks into place once inserted into the female hook.
Blockader Steel Barrier Advantages
Results in hooks which last much longer than single-welded hooks.
The best protection for steel, resulting in a longer lifespan for your barriers. Barriers that are merely painted will rust.
Enables easy replacement – simply replace the base of the barrier and not the entire barrier itself.
Stronger Steel prevents deterioration and distortion, without adding excess weight to the barrier.